Association of Business Women in Serbia, in partnership with the Institute "Mihajlo Pupin" from Belgrade, Innovation Center of Mechanical Engineering from Belgrade and "Cluster House" from Nis, has successfully implemented the first module Start-up training for women entrepreneurs, funded by the German Agency for International Cooperation - GIZ. Complete training is part of the project "Increasing innovation and business capacity of SMEs to engage in supply chains", funded by the Development Agency of Serbia.
- Sunday, 26 March 2017 01:00
DAYS OF CLUSTERS CONFERENCE: Powerful tool for cluster policy advocacy & clusters internationalization
- Saturday, 11 March 2017 01:00
Since 2010 the seven DofC Conferences had been attended by representatives from
Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia with Oceania and North America
Albania, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Check Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Macedonia, Malawi, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Republic of Korea, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom and USA
The most important outcomes of the DofC Conferences last seven years:
- The Serbian cluster collaboraton platform was established in the framework of the DofC 2011 in Nis, Serbia.
- The Balkan and Black Sea Cluster Network was established in the framework of the DofC 2012 in Nis, Serbia.
- Internationalisation of the Serbian brand „Days of Clusters“ started with the proposal of the Bulgarian Dental Tourism Cluster to be a host of the DofC 2013.
- The DofC 2014 in Tekirdag, Turkey was the biggest cluster conference in the SE Europe gathered over 250 professionals from 17 countries, included in the Agenda for the first time Cluster Learning Trip.
- The DofC 2015 in Brasov, Romania was a platform for signing of the multilateral memorandum of understanding between cluster actors from Serbia, Czech Republic, Russia, Romania and Hungarian with the aim of boosting the innovation and competitiveness in the region through clusters.
- One of the key DofC 2015 outputs is THE SMART CLUSTER POLICY Declaration aimed to the governments of the Danube Region countries and their representatives in the EUSDR’s PA 8 Steering Group to put the set of proposals on their agenda which will contribute to creation of the enable cluster environment in the region.
- In the framework of the DofC 2016 in Ohrid, Macedonia, cluster actors from the Balkan & Black Sea Cluster House Network signed a cooperation agreement with the Keimyung University Daegu, Republic of Korea.
„Dear Cluster House Family,
On behalf of the Conference Management Board I would like to thank you for your trust, respect and cooperation since 2010.
Seven “Days of Clusters” conferences had been attended by representatives from 5 continents, 33 countries.
Together, we made such a powerful synergy that move a step forward the cluster development in the Balkan and Black Sea Region, Europe and wider.
We are proud on our volunteer efforts to organize the 7 “Days of Clusters”, the conference which became the leading cluster event in the SE Europe with the worldwide recognisable brand name, contributed in making new partnerships and friendships, in creating the new jobs and peace in the region…
…there are a lot of regional cluster events and projects accelerated by our mission, now for us it is time for something new in the Balkans...
See you on the cluster events organized by YOU! Clusters Days or Days of Clusters will continue in the Czech Republic, Romania, France...
Good luck cluster family, enjoy in clustering as we are enjoying :-)”
Dr. Danka Milojkovic, author and chairman of the conference
- Saturday, 11 March 2017 01:00
The Cluster House, a project partner on the Project “Raising the innovation capacity of SMEs and business for inclusion in supply chains“, initiated by Dr. Sanja Popovic-Pantic, president of the Serbian Association of Business Women and supported by The „Mihajlo Pupin“ Institute Belgrade and The Innovation Center of Mechanical Engineering Faculty Belgrade, will contribute in promotion of the cluster-based approach in economic empowerment of women – start up entrepreneurs.
The Startup Cluster House Model was initiated in the framework of the Danish LEDIB Program in 2009. The pilot project which has supported the establishment of five startup clusters in agriculture, textiles, construction, services and medicine, resulted in the development of cluster-based tools for startup entrepreneurship in the field of organization, business development service and communication. Also, The Nis Region Startup Clusters Union was established as an umbrella organization of startup cluster organizations and initiatives. With the Cluster House establishment in 2011, the startup cluster model became an integral part of the Cluster House Model for cluster-based sustainable economic development in the Balkan and Black Sea Region.
The following representatives from the Cluster House national network are selected to be Project beneficiaries:
- Nis Region Start Up Services Cluster: Hotel SUMATOVAC and Law Office specialized in foreign trade activities from Aleksinac,
- Serbian Cluster of Furniture Producers: Hanibal company Vranje and B-Right company Čačak - productions of wire cores for mattress (export oriented)
- Nis Region Agro Start Up Cluster: „Jastrebačka Priča“ Merošina – Niš, agriculture and food processing, winter food, jem, domestic rakia and wine producers (export oriented)
Dr. Danka Milojkovic, director of the Cluster House and member of the Global TCI Network BofD, is a mentor of the Start up Mentoring Programme of the Project.
In the framework of the Project “Raising the innovation capacity of SMEs and business for inclusion in supply chains“, the first module “Start-up Training for Women Entrepreneurship” has been implemented. It was focused on startup businesses, business women who established their business in last three years.
Start-up training program consists of two 3-day modules:
1. TRAINING MODUL was held from 6th to 8th of March at the Innovation Center of Mechanical Engineering Faculty Belgrade (Kraljice Marije 14, Belgrade)
2. TRAINING MODUL will be held from 16th to 18th of March at the small hall of the “Mihajlo Pupin” Institute (Volgina 15, Belgrade)
The results of the first module, under the direction of coach and facilitator Maja Grizelj, were marked by the active participation of more than 30 entrepreneurs from the territory of Serbia and the nomination of the 186 business ideas that can contribute to the economic empowerment of women and gender equality.